Students can download 6th Social Science Term 3 Civics Chapter 3 Road Safety Questions and Answers, Notes, Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Science Guide Pdf helps you to revise the complete Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus, helps students complete homework assignments and to score high marks in board exams.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Science Civics Solutions Term 3 Chapter 3 Road Safety
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Science Road Safety Text Book Back Questions and Answers
I. Answer the following
Prepare slogans for Road safety.
Slogans on Road Safety
- Alert today – Alive tomorrow.
- Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.
- Speed thrills but kills.
- Be alert! Accidents hurt.
- Drive carefully, to live joyfully.
- A little care makes accidents rare.
- Fast-drive could be your last drive.
- Driving faster can cause disaster
- Chance takers are accident makers.
Identify the following signs.
(a) No U-turn
(b) No entry
Discuss the statistics of 2017 accidents data.
- Nearly three persons died every ten minutes in road accidents across India last year.
- The Report, prepared by the Transport Research Wing of the Ministry of Road Transport and highways, discovered that a total of 4,64,910 road accidents were reported by States and Union territories in the calendar year of 2017, claiming 1,47,913 lives and causing injuries to 4,70,975 persons.
- The subject of road safety is an important one. Victims of hit and run cases would now be compensated for up to Rs one million in case of road accident fatalities.
- Among vehicle categories involved in road accidents, two-wheelers accounted for the highest share (33.9%) in total accidents and fatalities (29.8%) in 2017.
- However, there has been a decline in the total number of road accidents as compared with the year 2016.
- In percentage terms, the number of accidents in 2017 was lower by 3.3 percent and injuries 4.8 percent over that of the previous year.
Debate: Is wearing a helmet necessary?
Advantages of wearing Helmets:
- Higher visibility in general weather protection.
- Upto 47% of injured cyclists get head injuries.
- Wearing a helmet can provide an 88% reduction in the risk of head injury.
- Disadvantages of wearing Helmets
- Helmets look uncool
- Helmets are uncomfortable to wear
- Even though there are few disadvantages to wearing helmets, we should practice the habit of wearing helmets.
- After all our life is the most important reason for us to live in this world.
- Let’s Spread this good awareness and let’s make the most of our lives.
Draw posters related to road safety.
Safety on the Road:
To be safe on the road, we must follow some rules.
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Social Science Road Safety Additional Important Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks Answer
- ……………… are the laws that govern how, when, and why you are allowed to drive any vehicle.
- ……………… and ……………… ensure the safety of the children at home and School.
- Cautionary signs are generally in ……………… Shape.
- In road signs ……………… Circles give positive instructions.
- Wait until a ……………… Singal appears before proceeding.
- Traffic rules
- Parents and teachers
II. Choose the Correct answer
In road signs …………….. Circles give negative instructions.
…………….. arrow means you can go in the direction shown by the arrow.
The pedestrian crossing was instituted in …………….. in 1934.
Mandatory road signs are generally …………….. in shape.
III. Answer the following questions
What are the three types of traffic signs?
The three types of traffic signs are Mandatory, Cautionary, and Informatory.
What are Mandatory road signs?
Mandatory road signs are the ones that give orders regarding do’s and don’ts and are to be followed strictly. These are generally circular in shape.
What are Cautionary road signs?
Cautionary road signs are the ones that warn the road user regarding the road situation ahead. Cautionary signs are generally in a triangular shape.
What are the Informatory signs?
Informatory signs are the ones that give information regarding directions, destinations, etc. Informatory signs are generally rectangular in shape.
What do the three Colours Red, Amber, and Green signify?
- Red means Stop
- Amber means Caution
- Green means Go
What are the traffic signs?
Traffic signs are there to regulate traffic, warn about hazards, and to guide the road user.
What are the safety measures for a pillion rider / Co – passengers.
- Always wear helmet/seat belt
- Do not indulge in talking with the driver.
- Children above 12 years of age should occupy the back seat.
Mention the safety measures you take while playing.
- Do not play on roads
- Look for a playground or vacant land to play.
- Do not play around a vehicle parked inside your School Premises / Colony or near your residence.
IV. Answer the following in detail
Discuss the Do’s and Don’ts of a Pedestrian.
- Walk on any side of the road if there are Foot Paths.
- On roads without footpath walk on your extreme right side facing the oncoming traffic.
- Children below 8 years of age should cross the road with the help of elders.
- Cross the road when the vehicles are at a safe distance.
- Wear light coloured dresses at night.
- Don’t Cross the road hastily by running.
- Don’t Cross the road in front of or in between Parked Vehicles.
- Don’t try to cross the road where you are not visible to the vehicle driver.
- Don’t jump over railings to cross the road.
Safety measures would you take while riding a bicycle.
- The cycle must be fixed with the standard gadgets.
- Cycle on the extreme left side of the road or use service road, if available.
- Avoid busy roads
- Keep a safe distance from a fast motorized vehicle.
- Give proper indications before stopping and turning.
- Don’t indulge in any kind of Stunts
- Don’t load the cycle with heavy goods
- Don’t ride holding on to other fast-moving vehicles.
Mention the rules you need to follow while Commuting in School transportation.
- Get up early and start at home early.
- Board the bus from the designated bus stop in a queue.
- Once inside the bus behave properly.
- Get down only when the bus has Completely Stopped.
- If the driver is not following the road safety norms bring it to the notice of school authorities/parents or traffic helpline.
- Do not run or rush to catch your bus.
- Do not stand on the steps of the bus.
- Do not make noise that may distract the driver.
- Do not put any part of the body outside the bus.
V. Mind map