Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Guide Pdf Term 2 Supplementary Chapter 1 Alice in Wonderland Text Book Back Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Solutions Term 2 Supplementary Chapter 1 Alice in Wonderland
7th English Guide Alice in Wonderland Text Book Back Questions and Answers
Read and Understand (Text Book Page No. 109)
A. Identify the character/speaker.
1. I must find out why he’s in such a hurry!
2. Go to my cottage and fetch my gloves and fan.
3. Oh no, I’ll never get back to the right size.
4. One side makes you big, the other side makes you small.
5. I’ll see you later at the Queen’s croquet game.
6. You may stay if you answer my riddle.
7. Wake up. You’ve been sleeping for too long.
Sister of Alice
Discuss and Answer. (Text Book Page No. 109)
1. Why did Alice follow the rabbit?
Alice saw a rabbit hurrying down a rabbit’s hole. She wanted to find out why the rabbit was in such a hurry. So she followed him.
2. Do you think this was a good idea?
Alice was curious. So, following the rabbit was a good idea for her in her dream. It may not be a good idea in reality.
3. Why can’t Alice get through the little door into the garden?
She couldn’t get into the garden through the little door because she was too big.
4. Why does Alice drink from the bottle that says ‘DRINK ME’and why does she eat from the cake that says ‘EAT ME’?
Out of curiosity, Alice drinks the potion from the green bottle that says ‘DRINK ME’. As she was in hungry when she sees the cake, she eats it which says ‘EAT ME’.
5. How does Alice feel after all these changes?
She felt strange and realized that she would never get back to the right size.
6. What do you think is going to happen next?
Alice may follow the white rabbit with red eyes which she saw in her reality to have a real adventure as she had in her strange dream.
C. Think and Answer. (Text Book Page No. 109)
1. What challenges does Alice face and how does she overcome them?
Alice goes through a variety of strange physical changes. The discomfort she feels at never being the right size acts as a symbol for the changes that occur during her adolescence. She continually finds herself in a situation in which she risks death. She gets in trouble because of her curiosity. As Alice progresses through her dream, she loses her sense of identity. At. the beginning of her journey, she was confused, anxious, and timid. Finally, she becomes a strong and confident girl, who is able to stand up for herself.
2. Have you ever had a strange dream? Share your dream in the class.
Once I had a strange dream of flying above a mountain using a parachute. From the mountain, I could see the green farms surrounding the ocean, cattle, and tall trees. It was a cheerful dream.
H. Imagine you are a marketing executive for a company in a specific industry (toothpaste, soup, hair care products, automobiles, etc) and are developing a product with a brand name that refers to a character from the story. (Text Book Page No. 111)
For example You want to sell bandages that have little pictures of Don Quixote on them. Your company’s name is Kure-All and you decide to call them “Kure-All Quixote Bandages”. The slogan might be: “Had a tough day with windmills? When you take a fall, use Kure-All.” You can use exciting words, a catchy new slogan, and a jingle, among other things, to promote sales of your item.
- ‘Rush for the mushroom curry’.
- ‘Use soap of Sancho’.
- ‘Shine like Queen of Hearts’.
- ‘Buy sauce of Alice’.
- ‘Care your hair like March Hare’.
Note: Mushroom, Sancho, Queen of Hearts, Alice, March hare are all names of the characters we see in Unit I supplementary reader – Alice in Wonderland.
Step to Success
J. Look at the number pattern. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series.
1. SCD, TEF, UGH, …………………., WKL
2. FAG, GAF, HAI, IAH, …………………..
3. ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, …………………., MLNA
4. CMM, EOO, GQQ, …………………., KUU
5. QPO, NML, KJI, …………………., EDC
Alice in Wonderland Summary in English
Alice sleeps and has a dream. In her dream, she sees many fantasies. She sees different characters like a white rabbit, caterpillar, March Hare, Mad Hatter, a magical tea party, Queen of Hearts, a Cheshire cat, a mock trial, etc. When she gets up she sees her sister nearby and a white rabbit running around. She realises that she had a strange dream.
Alice in Wonderland Summary in Tamil
ஆலிஸ் உறங்கும் போது கனவு காண்கிறாள். கனவில் பல மாயாஜாலத் தோற்றங்களைக் காண்கிறாள். கனவில் வெள்ளை முயல், கம்பளிப்பூச்சி, மார்ச்ஹேர், மேட்ஹேட்டர், செஷியர் பூனை, மந்திர தேநீர் விருந்து, சீட்டுக்கட்டு ராணி, வேடிக்கையான நீதிமன்ற விசாரணை போன்ற காட்சிகளைக் காண்கிறாள். எழுந்து பார்க்கும் போது ஆலிஸ் தன் அருகே தன் சகோதரியையும் ஓடித் திரியும் முயலையும் பார்க்கிறாள். தான் கண்ட காட்சி யாவும் கனவு என்று புரிந்து கொள்கிறாள்.