Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Guide Pdf Chapter 26 Parts of Computer Text Book Back Questions and Answers, Notes.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 9th Science Solutions Chapter 26 Parts of Computer
9th Science Guide Parts of Computer Text Book Back Questions and Answers
I. Choose the correct answer:
Which one of the following is an output device?
Name the cable that connects CPU to the Monitor.
Which one of the following is an input device?
Which one of the following is an example for wireless connections?.
(b) Electric wires
Pen drive is a/an ………….. device.
(d) connecting cable
II. Match the following:
III. Answer briefly :
Name the parts of a computer.
Three parts of the computer are:
- Input Unit
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Output Unit.
Bring out any two differences between input and output devices.
- The Input units help to send the data and commands for the processing.
- Input devices only allow for the input of data to a computer.
- The Output units convert the command received by the computer in the form of binary signals into easily understandable characters.
- Output devices only receive the output of data from another device.
9th Science Guide Parts of Computer Additional Important Questions and Answers
I. Choose the correct answer:
………………… plays an important role in a computer as an input device.
………………….. is an essential part of the computer.
A bit has a single binary value either ……………….. or ………………..
The personal computer comes under the ……………….. computer.
………………..cable transmits high quality and high bandwidth streams of audio and video.
………………..is used to connect the speaker to the computer.
(a) Audio jack
(b) Power card
(c) Data cable
(d) USB cable
(a) Audio jack
………………..cable helps to establish internet connectivity.
(a) Power card
(b) Audio jack
II. Answer the following :
What are the input devices?
The input unit helps to send the data and commands for processing. The devices that are used to enter data are called injfut devices.
Write some examples of input and output devices of a computer system.
Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, Barcode reader, Microphone, Web camera, Light pen are some of the input devices.
Monitor, Printer, Speaker, Scanner, are some of the output devices.
What is Keyboard?
- The keyboard plays an important role in a computer as an input device.
- Numbers and alphabet play a role of data in the computer.
- The keyboard helps to enter data.;
- Keyboard has two types of keys, namely number keys and alphabet keys.
- The keys with numbers are called number keys and the keys with letters are called alphabet keys.
CPU (Central Processing Unit)
(i) Memory Unit
(ii) Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU)
(iii) Control Unit
(i) Memory Unit: The memory unit in the computer saves all data and information temporarily. The data is measured in units which is called as Bit. A Bit has a single binary value either 0 or 1. We can classify memory unit into two types namely primary and secondary memory. Memory can be expanded externally with the help of Compact Disk (CD), Pendrive, etc.
(ii) Arithmetic Logic Unit : Arithmetic and Logic unit performs all arithmetic computations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
(iii) Control Unit: The control unit controls the functions of all parts of the computer.
What is Bit?
The memory unit in the computer saves all data and information temporarily. The data is measured in units which is called as Bit.
What are the types of monitors?
There are two types of monitors namely.
- Cathode Ray Tube monitors (CRT)
- Thin Film Transistor Monitors (TFT)
What is the classification of the computer?
The computers can be classified as follows based on their design, shape, speed, efficiency, working of the memory unit, and their applications.
- Mainframe Computer
- Mini Computer
- Micro or personal compute
Explain the types of cables.
Video Graphics Array (VGA), High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), Universal Serial Bus (USB), Data cable, Power Cord, Mic cable, Ethernet cable.
- VGA Cable: It is used to connect the computer monitor with the CPU.
- USB cable /cord: Devices like Printer, Pendrive, Scanner, Mouse, Keyboard, web camera, and Mobile phone devices are connected with the computer using a USB cord or cable.
- HDMI Cable: HDMI cable transmits high quality and high bandwidth streams of audio and video. It connects the monitor, projector with the computer.
- Data Cable: Data cable transmits data and it is used to connect a tablet, mobile phone to the CPU for data transfer.
- Audio jack: The audio jack is used to connect the speaker to the computer.
- Power cord: Power cord temporarily connects an appliance to the main electricity supply.
- Mic cable: To connect the Mic (Microphone) to the CPU, Mic wire/cord is used.
Explain wireless connections.
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi is used to connect to the internet without using any connecting cables/devices.
- Bluetooth: Mouse, Keyboard can be connected to the computer using Bluetooth. Using Bluetooth the data can be shared with nearby devices.
- Wi-Fi: Net connectivity can be obtained using Wi-Fi without any connecting cables. Any data from anywhere can be shared using Wi-Fi.