TN State Board Kalvi 12th Commerce Notes Chapter 2 Functions of Management
Write a short note about Planning.
- Planning is the primary function of management.
- Nothing can be performed without planning. Eg: writing a book starts with planning.
- Planning is a constructive reviewing of future needs so that present actions can be adjusted in view of the established goal.
What is meant by Motivation?
- The goals are achieved with the help of motivation.
- Motivation includes increasing the speed of performance of a work and developing a willingness on the part of workers. This is done by a resourceful leader.
What is meant by Controlling?
- Controlling is performed to evaluate the performance of employees and deciding increments and promotion decisions.
- The control function helps in identifying underperformers and arranging remedial training for them.
How do you coordinate your classroom with peace?
- To create positive atmosphere.
- Active listening technique.
- Engage in activities to develop or to get knowledge.
- Opportunity for students to participate in classroom activities.
- Promoting self confidence and respect to others and themselves.
What is meant by Innovation?
- Innovation refers to the preparation of personnel and organization to face the changes made in the business world.
- Continuous changes are being made in the business.
- Innovation includes developing new material, new products, new techniques in production and cost reduction.
List out the main functions of management?
- Controlling and
State the importance of staffing.
- Staffing refers to placement of right persons in the right jobs.
- Staffing includes selection of right persons.
(a) Promotion of best persons
(b) Retirement of old persons
(c) Performance appraisal
(d) Training – needy persons
- The success of any enterprise depends upon the successful performance of
Bring out the subsidiary functions of management.
- Decision making and
- Communication are the subsidiary functions of management.
State the importance of Motivation.
Motivation is important because it allows management to meet the company’s goals. Motivated employees can lead to increase productivity and allow an organization to achieve higher levels of output. The process of motivation plays a very important role in any organization, profit or non-profit that ensures organizational efficiency. Motivated people accept changes enthusiastically and improve their work performance.
What are the main duties of a manager?
Duties of a Manager:
- The Manger is responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of its people and other resources.
- Entrusted with a leadership role, a manager is responsible for overseeing a department or group of employees within a specific organization or company.
- Manager contribute to business in significant ways which are reflected in company profits, organization and over all work place morale.
- Manager is an accomplishment because it reveals a professionals ability to successfully lead, multiple business operations manage stress and effectively communicate with co-workers.
Explain the various functions of management.
Planning, organizing, staffing, directing, motivating, controlling and co-ordination are the main functions of management.
Planning is the primary function of management. Nothing can be performed without planning. Planning is a constructive reviewing of future needs so that present actions can be adjusted in view of the establishing goal.
Organizing is the process of establishing harmonious relationship among the members of an organization. Organizing function work is assigned to employees who are given authority to carry out the work assigned and made accountable for it.
Staffing refers to placement of right persons in the right jobs. Staffing includes selection of right persons, training to those needy persons, performance of appraisal and adequate remuneration of personnel.
Directing denotes motivating, leading guiding and communicating with sub-ordinates on an ongoing basis inorder to accomplish preset goals.
The goals are achieved with the help of motivation. Motivation includes increasing the speed of performance of a work and developing willingness on the part of workers. This is done by a resourceful leader.
Controlling is performed to evaluate the performance of employees and deciding increments and promotion decisions.
Co-ordination is the integration of the actions of all individuals, working in the enterprise in different capacities. Co-ordination is included in every managerial functions. Eg: planning and co-ordination.
Choose the correct answer:
Which is the primary function of management?
Which of the following is not a main function?
Distribution of work in groupwise or sectionwise is called as:
Which of the following is verification function?