TN State Board 12th Commerce Important Questions Chapter 24 Types of Entrepreneurs
What is the other name of business entrepreneur?
Business entrepreneur is called solo entrepreneur. He / she is the one who conceives an idea for a new product or service and establishes a business enterprise.
Mention the other name for corporate entrepreneur.
Corporate entrepreneur is called promoter. He / she takes initiative necessary to start an entity under corporate format.
Who are agricultural entrepreneur?
Agricultural entrepreneurs are those entrepreneurs who raise farm products and market them. Those who raise allied products like poultry, meat, fish, honey, skin, flower, silk, fruits, agricultural implements, prawn, etc., are called agricultural entrepreneur.
State the name of the following ventures:
(a) Started by individuals for profit motive
(b Started by Government
(c) Started by individuals and Government together
(d) Started as a family business
Give some examples of pure entrepreneurs.
Dhirubaai Ambani, Jamshadji Tata, T.V. Sundaramn Iyengar, Birla, Seshadriji, Narayana Murthi, Aziz Premji and so on.
Who is a private entrepreneur?
- Ventures started by individual either singly or collectively at their own risk after mobilizing various resources in order to earn profit are called private ownership.
- Profit is only motive of private ownership.
- Production decisions involving high risks are taken by individual only for profit motive.
What is political environment?
- The success of a business lies in its ability to adapt and sustain to political changes.
- The legislative, executives and judiciary are the three institutions which directs and influences a business.
- Political organizations refers to the ideology and philosophy of the political parties, the Government, the role and degree of authority of bureaucracy the level of political consciousness among citizens.
List down few examples of pure entrepreneurship.
- Dhirubai Ambani
- Jamshadji Tata
- T.V. Sundaram Iyengar,
- Narayana murthi
- Aziz premji.
How does a professional entrepreneur operate?
- He is having a rich expertise in starting a venture.
- They keep on conceiving new ideas to develop alternative projects.
- He/she simply sells out the venture started by him to some one else after its successful take off.
- These entrepreneurs, have got professional expertise in starting the venture and exciting it after the establishment.
Explain about the agricultural entrepreneur.
- Agricultural entrepreneurs are those entrepreneurs who raise farm products and market them.
- They use various inputs like labour, fertilizer, insecticide, water technology etc., to raise the products.
- Market their products either directly or through co-bperative entities or through brokers or through tie up with large retailers. Those who raise allied products like poultry, meat, fish, honey, skin, agricultural implements, flower, silk, fruits, prawn etc., are called as agricultural entrepreneur.
Explain in detail on classification according to the type of business.
(i) Business entrepreneur:
Business entrepreneur is called solo entrepreneur. He / she is the one who receives an idea for a new product or service and establishes a business enterprise. He /she takes, up production, operations and pursues marketing activities.
(ii) Trading entrepreneurs:
Trading entrepreneur are those who restrict themselves to buying and selling finished goods. They may be engaged in domestic and international trade. They get their income by way of commission and marketing. .
(iii) Industrial entrepreneur:
These are entrepreneurs who manufacture products to cater the needs of consuming public after identifying the need left unfulfilled by the manufacture. They may be small, medium and large entrepreneurs. They add utility to products rolled out by them which is termed as value addition.
(iv) Corporate entrepreneur:
Corporate entrepreneur is called promoter. He/she takes initiate necessary to start an entity under corporate format. Corporate entrepreneurs install a team of experts to manage the entity on a day to day basis.
(v) Agricultural entrepreneurs:
Agricultural entrepreneurs are those entrepreneurs who raise farm products and market them. These entrepreneurs pursue their venture in agriculture and allied sector.
(vi) Retail entrepreneurs:
Retail entrepreneurs are those who enter into venture of distributing the end product to final consumer while wholesale entrepreneurs take up the venture of distributing the products to retailer. They used to buy the goods in small quantities from numerous wholesalers and make it available different products of different brands under one roof to end consumer.
Discuss the nature of functional entrepreneurs.
- Innovative entrepreneur for used an introducing a new product a new project or something new is the venture already started.
- Innovation may be the form of brand new product, upgraded product, discovering untapped market. New method of production, simplification of complex process, adoption of a distinct process and so on. Initiative entrepreneur is one who simply initiates existing skill, knowledge or technology already in place in advanced countries.
- Initiative entrepreneur is one who simply initiates existing skill, knowledge or technology already in place in advanced countries.
- Fabian entrepreneurs are said to be conservatives and sceptical about plasticizing any change in their organization. They are of risk averse type.
- Drone entrepreneurs are those who are totally who are totally opposed to changes unfolding in the environment. They used to operate in the niche market.
Distinguish between the rural and urban entrepreneur.
|These are people to start venture in rural locations.||Entrepreneur who commences his entrepreneurial activity in urban areas.|
|They are doing business in village and towns.||They are doing business in state, capital district, district Headquarter town, municipalities.|
|They may be agricultural and trading entrepreneur.||They may be industrial corporate entrepreneurs (or) retail entrepreneurs|
|The cost of operation of rural ventures tends to be low.||The cost of operation of urban ventures tends to be high.|
Choose the correct answer:
Choose the type of entrepreneur that isn’t based on function:
Choose the type of Entrepreneur that is not based on Motivation:
Which of the following is the Activity of a Business Entrepreneur?
(d) All of the above
(d) All of the abov
Find the odd one out in context of Trading Entrepreneur:
Corporate Entrepreneur is also called as:
Poultry, Flowers, Fruits etc., are called allied Products of _________ entrepreneur.
________ Entrepreneur Supply Services Unlike.
Motive of a Pure Entrepreneur is:
(a) Rendering service
(b) Earning profit
(c) Attaining status
(d) Both (b) and (c)
(d) Both (b) and (c)
Which of these is based on Technology?
Which of the below is not a Characteristic of a Fabian Entrepreneur?
(b) Risk averse